LED lighting is among the latest developments in the lighting industry boasting incredible energy efficiency, considerable lifespan, and impressive flexibility among other benefits. We will get a little more into the advantages of LED lighting shortly, but the real objective of this article is to review some of the best places in your home for LED lighting installation. Installing LED lighting can involve new wiring, so consider hiring one of the dedicated electricians at Mr. Electric of Atlanta. We are happy to provide a consultation and a free price estimate upfront. Our live representatives are ready to take your call.
About LED Lights
LED stands for light emitting diode. This semiconductor device generates light through electroluminescence. Essentially, light is emitted as electricity passes through semiconductor material. The benefits include:
- Long Lifespan: LED lights can last 50 to 100 thousand hours (dozens of times longer than incandescent lights).
- Energy Efficient: LED lights provide as much as a 70 percent improvement in energy efficiency over incandescent lights.
- Flexible: LEDs are about the size of a spec of pepper, meaning they can be used in many settings.
- Temperature Resistant: Traditional lighting sources struggle in the cold, but LED lights perform even better in cold temperatures.
- No Heat Emissions: You do not have to worry about scalding your fingers when changing LED lights.
How to Take Advantage of These Benefits
Now that we have reviewed some of the advantages of LED lights, you can probably guess where these lights shine bright. Let us go over some suggestions:
- Outdoors: LED lights can tolerate the cold much better than incandescent lights can. Plus, the energy efficiency of LED lights is extra beneficial when used outdoors where lights are often left on overnight.
- Tall Fixtures: Hard-to-reach fixtures can be a pain when it comes to changing the lights. If you have tall ceilings or tall fixtures, then change the bulbs with LED ones once and don’t worry about bringing out the ladder again for years.
- Under and Behind: LEDs are tiny, meaning they can fit in small crevices and areas. LED strips work wonders under and behind areas such as the cabinets, shelves, computer screens, and television screens. They act as accent lighting but can also be used as nightlights and corridor lighting.
- Kitchen: Incandescent bulbs turn around 90 percent of the energy they use into heat and only 10 percent to actual light production. This extra heat can make you uncomfortable in the kitchen, where lighting is crucial but heat is plenty enough.
- Living Spaces: Studies have shown that high-quality LED lighting can help fend off the blues that may come with longer nights in the winter. Brighten up your living spaces with LED lighting.
Quality LED Lighting Installation
If you are looking to upgrade your lighting, then consider hiring one of the dedicated electricians from Mr. Electric of Atlanta. Our affordable pricing, years of experience, and advanced tools and technology are at your service. Call now to speak with a live representative.